Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing 10: Wikis

No sweat....I created the 23 Things on a Stick wiki (using PB Wiki), although I barely recognize it anymore. Because we wanted to give all participants an opportunity to post to it, and share insights and ideas, it has changed a lot. I must admit, wikis are not my favorite tool. I have been an editor of sorts for over 15 years now, and I believe there is a place for wikis, but I have a hard time knowing exactly "where we are at" in the publication process with such a free flowing process and document. Me thinks it may be fascinating for students to use in a group process of creative writing. Having said that, I could also see sharing a doc with my 11-member Governing Board to get their immediate input....just not my favorite tool, which is fine....

No comments:

Picture Trail Flick