Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thing 2

Oops...almost forgot to do thing 2. I've been reading about and following the Web and Library 2.0 concepts for a while. Seems to me that we are smack dab in one of the most exciting times for libraries. Also one of the most challenging.Funding is tight, people can feel stretched (and cranky). For the last two years, due to stagnant funding, I have been doing two jobs. I managed it, but feel I lost out a bit professionally. Am playing a fast game of catchup at the moment. Some of these new tools do not necessarily mean all new services. They may actually make some of our services a bit easier to manage. Reader's Advisory is one of those examples that easily comes to mind. I believe the trick is to be clear about what services we provide, then look at all available tools to make those services fresh and exciting, using some of the tools our customers enjoy. Sounds so simple, doesn't it?

No comments:

Picture Trail Flick