Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity Tools

Academic Premier search alert.Even witht he revised newsletter instructions, I was having trouble setting up my RSS feed in IE. No worries...as often happens in 2.0, I found a way around. I have all of my feeds set up through Google Reader and it didn't look probable that I could make this work, or that I would remember to check the feed in IE. Therefore, I set up my alert as an email alert, which will get the job done until we are able to set up feeds through Google Reader. Page Composer. Very cool. I had a MINITEX trainer demo this in November at the CMLE annual meeting in Mora. Most in the audience could think of many ways to use this, one being to do a search for administrators and wow them with the professional look of the search results!The ProQuest Create a Web Page was the best set of instructions in this Thing. Easy, and very professional looking.NetLibrary. The video did not show me anything I didn't currently know. I especially like to use NetLibrary to get travel maps, short bits about places I want to go. Nice to pull a few day trips rather than buying or borrowing the entire travel guide.

No comments:

Picture Trail Flick