Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 19: Podcasting

I've used podcasts before, but challenged myself to learn something new. In poking around,I stumbled upon a site called Mediafly (beta), and I really liked how easy it was to find categories of podcasts and it was super easy to Play Now or Add to my Play List. What I especially liked is that a drop down offers the choices of readers to add the RSS feed to, which is nice. I tried adding a feed just to see how easy it was, amazingly so! I get annoyed when you almost have to stand on your head to add a feed to your Reader, I know, get over it! Anyway, Mediafly has audio books, produced by LibriVox, so I have no idea how the copyright works, but I thought this content was great for libraries. I like to look for a podcast and listen to it, but don't want the commitment of an ongoing feed. I have been toying with producing some podcasts from CMLE to its members, but am not sure anyone really wants to hear me drone on about anything. If a strong need arises, I will do it in a flash. Being situated here at SCSU, I can pull on the expertise of the podcasting team here if I run into trouble, but of course if I use something as simplistic as Gcast, there is no need. Gcast would be great for teachers to leave assignments online by just calling the 800 number and talking into a phone. Easier than typing. Not my favorite thing, but that is OK!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Patricia, you have a day, come on, get your last Things done! What kind of example are you setting? ;)

Picture Trail Flick